Terms and Conditions
- All vehicles must be covered by your personal insurance whilst left with us (JD Wheels Limited).
- We offer a professional service at JD Wheels Limited and we will do our utmost to meet the 'target time' we set when alloy wheels are being booked in for refurbishment. However, a 'target time' is just that. JD Wheels Limited accepts no responsibility for unforeseen delays within the process.
Removing and refitting wheels and tyres
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to the valve or sensors within a tyre pressuring monitoring system where the valve has become damaged, corroded or fused. It is the owner's responsibility to let us know if such a tyre pressure monitoring system is in place.
- All vehicles on which work is being carried out will need to have locking wheel nuts and O.E.M toolkits available and accessible at all times while work is being done. If our Technician arrives on site and finds this not available then JD Wheels Limited Reserves the right to apply a £50.00 cancelation fee regardless of any potential re-booking
- JD Wheels Limited will ensure that whenever a wheel has been taken off the car, all wheel bolts will be torqued correctly to manufacturers guidelines using appropriate tools. It is the customer's responsibility for checking the wheel bolts post refurbishment and at regular intervals as car maintenance.
- We will ensure that the tyres are inflated to the correct tyre pressure, this varies on different vehicles. It is the customer's responsibility to check the tyre pressures post refurbishment and then again at regular intervals as general car maintenance.
- JD Wheels Ltd is not responsible for resetting any vehicle systems used for monitoring tyre pressures. Please refer to your vehicle handbook for instructions on how to recalibrate them to your vehicle.
- The price which is agreed when placing your booking is not a set price, this is just a quote. If the wheels have been viewed by a member of staff and they believe the wheel is in worse condition than quoted, the price is likely to be higher. Customers will be notified of this before work is carried out and before any additional work is completed.
Corrosion and other surface imperfections
- Corrosion removes metal from the surface of the wheel. The longer corrosion is allowed to progress, the deeper the pitting. While applying new coatings may mask a degree of the surface degradation of the wheel, it cannot restore the pitted metal surface. Wheels that have been allowed to corrode will not therefore ever be restored to an as-new finish. The deeper the corrosion, the more this will be visible in the refinished wheel.
10. JD Wheels Ltd aim to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but cannot be responsible for unforeseen issues such as poor casting, hidden cracks or excessive corrosion. These issues may only become apparent during the repair process after the existing coating has been removed. If the Technician does not feel that a cosmetically acceptable or safe end result can be achieved, the customer will be contacted immediately to discuss options before any further work is undertaken.
11. Wheel refurbishment is just that, it is not a new wheel – on occasion a ‘used’ alloy will not look 100% perfect after its refurbishment. We ask all customers to appreciate the work done and the quality of finish for a fraction of the cost of a new wheel.
12. We will ensure that all wheels will be refurbished to the best we possibly can but we cannot be held responsible for excessive corrosion, or if the alloy has a malformed casting. These problems are not apparent at first and will only become visible when the old finish is removed. Other problems include:
13. The wheels/locking nut/bolts/studs having been incorrectly maintained or modified.
14. Any previous service or repairs which have not been properly carried out may affect our ability to achieve the desired finish, it is a customers responsibility to declare if he/she has any knowledge or can see any eveidence of previous repair. JD Wheel's limited will not offer any warranty or guarantee of final finish on wheels that have been previously repaired as we cannot guarantee the quality of these previous works.
Finish 'matching' and approximation
13. With sprayed paints, particularly metallic paints, a ‘perfect’ finish match is an impossibility due to the fact that there are so many environmental factors that can affect the colour & surface finish. The only way to guarantee an imperceptible finish difference across multiple wheels is to have them all repainted simultaneously. We will only be responsible for a perceived difference between wheels we have been authorised to refinish on the same repair occasion.
14. While we may assist with advice on finish selection, the responsibility for selecting the finish to be applied to a wheel is the customer’s. If the customer requests us to make a judgment call on the best available approximation on their behalf and we exercise proper care in doing so, we will have fulfilled our obligations under the repair agreement despite the existence of any perceived difference.
15. Customers should be aware that certain high gloss finishes show blemishes more readily, such as Black Gloss, Chrome or polished. We cannot guarantee to make your wheels perfect but will ensure they are significantly improved.
16. A restored wheel is exactly that and although we will make every effort to achieve the best possible result it may not always be possible to achieve a perfect as new finish.
17. JD Wheels Ltd aim to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but cannot be responsible for unforeseen issues such as poor casting, hidden cracks or excessive corrosion. These issues may only become apparent during the repair process after the existing coating has been removed. If the Technician does not feel that a cosmetically acceptable or safe end result can be achieved, the customer will be contacted immediately to discuss options before any further work is undertaken.
18. Wheel refurbishment is just that, it is not a new wheel – on occasion a ‘used’ alloy will not look 100% perfect after its refurbishment. We ask all customers to appreciate the work done and the quality of finish for a fraction of the cost of a new wheel. Customers should be aware that certain high gloss finishes show blemishes more readily, such as Black Chrome or polished and Just Wheel Repair Ltd cannot guarantee a perfect finish but will make every endeavour to do so.
19. Please note painted / diamond cut wheels that are repaired using the mobile service are a cosmetic repair to the front face of the wheel only. If the customer wishes for the inner part of the wheel to be repaired there will be an additional charge and this information must be provided at the time of booking. Alternatively, the customer should take advantage of the full refurbishment service offered at the workshop.
20. Any Wheels treated by us should not be Jet-washed for 7 days after treatment, JD Wheels LTD will not be held responsible for damage caused by and not limited to Jet-washing withing this period, impact / driver damage, application of corrosive chemicals.
Payment, Area & Cancellation Charges
21. Full payment is required by the customer upon completion of the wheel refurbishment. Payment is accepted by Chip & PIN. Customer’s Vehicles / wheels will not be released until payment is made in full.
22. We ask for at least 24 working (09:00 – 17:00) hours notice for any amendments to a scheduled booking. This includes a change in location, a change in volume of wheels or a cancellation. If for any reason the requested works cannot be carried out when the JD Wheels team arrive on site an alternative treatment will be offered if this is not acceptable to the customer then this situation shall be classed as a client cancellation.
Failure to notify JD Wheels of any cancellations within the 24 working hours prior to an appointment may result in a 50% total work value cancellation fee being incurred by the client. This will be applied at the discretion of JD Wheels Ltd.
23. JD Wheels td will endeavour to adhere to any estimated repair times given, however cannot be responsible for unforeseen circumstances which may delay an appointment time or repair.
24. As Stated on our Web Page and Booking Form adequate safe parking for our Extra Long Wheel-Base Peugeot Boxer Van and access to 2 x 13amp power outlets no further than 20m from the Van Location. Should our Technician arrive on site and find either of these not available or safe then JD Wheels reserve the right to apply the above cancellation fee of 50% total work value to the customer regardless of any potential re-booking. To be applied at the discretion of JD Wheels Ltd
25. Out of Area service - JD Wheels is a Merseyside based service and reserves the right to apply Fuel and man hour charges to jobs outside of the Liverpool Post Code area. Customers will be informed of this at time of booking.
26. Clients booking appointment via our online Setmore Portal will be prompted to read and tick a checkbox stating that they have read and agree with our T&C's.
27. Clients booking via a JD Wheels agent using telephone, electroninc messaging , email or other means will be deemed to be accepting of the T&C's when the appointment is booked.
28. It is the clients sole responsibility to have aquainted themselves with JD Wheels T&C's prior to booking their appointment.